What Should Be in a Business Case?
A business case should be well thought out, inclusive from all angles and contain involvement from all affected parties. Here are the following components that should be involved within a business case for full transparency and understanding:
To build a solid business case, define the following points and objectives:
· Business benefits (tangible and intangible)
· Background information on how the need for this project has arisen
· Business strategic alignment
· Cost of not proceeding
· Deliverables schedule & timescales
· Desired business outcomes
· Financial budget
· Project controls
· Project plan (high level)
· Roles & responsibilities
· Resource requirements
· Scope (what's in and what's out)
· Strategic alignment to organization's objectives
The business case allows the business review all aspects on a much more granular level. Specifically, it allows the following components to come to light:
· To decide if the perceived benefits of the project justify the cost of the project.
· To assess the benefits against the organization’s strategic objectives.
· To determine if the benefits and costs as outlined are realistic and achievable.
Any business will typically have more projects than are feasible, either cost-wise, time-wise or resource-wise. Decisions and choices must be made and the business case is critical to this process.
For more information on C5 Insight or this blog entry, please Contact Us.
The complementary paper includes over 12 years of research, recent survey results, and CRM turnaround success stories.
This 60-second assessment is designed to evaluate your organization's collaboration readiness.
Learn how you rank compared to organizations typically in years 1 to 5 of implementation - and which areas to focus on to improve.
This is a sandbox solution which can be activated per site collection to allow you to easily collect feedback from users into a custom Feedback list.
Whether you are upgrading to SharePoint Online, 2010, 2013 or the latest 2016, this checklist contains everything you need to know for a successful transition.